6 Affordable Ways to Get Real Estate Listings in Any Market
Whether you’re a brand new agent or a real estate veteran, it’s always important to have cost-effective ways to generate new leads and listings.
To help, we’ve whipped up 6 different ways to get more real estate listings without breaking the bank. So dive in and uncover budget-conscious ways to expand your listings and propel your real estate career in the right direction.
1. Weekly Calls with Your Sphere of Influence
Agent Skill Level: Any
Your sphere of influence (SOI) is your most reliable source of long-term repeat and referral business. Reaching out to people who know, like, and trust you is a simple, FREE way to stay connected to your strongest pool of potential clients.
Set aside two or three hours a week (at least) to call your SOI. Your conversations should be casual, informal, and not too “salesy.” Just remember to keep an ear out for natural opportunities to mention real estate. Make sure your sphere knows that you’re their go-to agent.
- Make a list of people in your SOI
- Schedule a weekly call session to contact them.
- Keep the conversation personal and informal, but look for opportunities to mention real estate.
2. Send Targeted Ads on Facebook and Instagram
Cost: $5+ per day
Agent Skill Level: Intermediate (with the right tools)
Running targeted ads on Facebook and Instagram is an affordable way to get in front of your leads before you contact them.
For as little as $5 per day, you can show up where billions of people (including your audience) spend hours of their time every day. And with tools like REDX Ad Builder, you can deliver hyper-targeted ads to specific lists of REDX leads right inside Vortex.
- Use REDX’s Ad Builder to target your leads on social media.
- After you run an ad campaign, contact your leads over phone, email, or on their doorstep.
- Test different ad formats, such as video or carousel ads, to see what works best.
3. Door Knock Neighborhoods for Important Announcements
Agent Skill Level: Any
Door knocking is arguably the fastest and lowest cost path to building trust and finding listings. It’s a useful strategy if you need to announce upcoming open houses, market properties you’ve recently listed or sold, or simply make face-to-face connections and build local rapport.
The best part is… it’s FREE! All you need is a comfortable pair of shoes and the willingness to connect with local homeowners.
- Choose a neighborhood close to an upcoming open house or recently listed/sold property.
- Bring flyers or door hangers with details.
- Offer to add interested neighbors to your mailing or email list.
4. Dig Up Hidden Inventory with Old Expired and FSBO Leads
Cost: $40-$120 per month
Agent Skill Level: Intermediate to Advanced
With REDX Expired and FSBO leads, you can access a goldmine of potential clients who have previously attempted to sell their homes without success. Call these leads, get an update on their property or former listing, and see why their plans changed or what they’re doing next.
Where FSBOs and Expireds often have a reputation of being angry or combative, calling older leads ensures mental and emotional distance from their past negative experiences. This strategy requires a more advanced skill set but can yield great results.
- Subscribe to REDX Expired and FSBO leads.
- Look up properties that expired or were for sale 6-18 months ago (or older).
- Use the Power Dialer to call through these leads quickly and offer a fresh perspective.
5. Use GeoLeads to Circle Prospect
Cost: ~2¢ per lead
Agent Skill Level: Any
REDX GeoLeads allow you to target specific geographic areas and obtain contact information for homeowners in the area. These homeowners aren’t generally being prospected to, which means conversations tend to be easy and casual. And at an average price of 2 cents per lead, the service pays for itself almost immediately.
Check out the prospecting tips below to see why GeoLeads is REDX’s most versatile lead type…
- Build your database.
- Pack an open house.
- Run a just listed or just sold campaign.
- Circle prospect for buyers and sellers.
6. Ramp Up Your Social Media Presence
Agent Skill Level: Any
In today’s digital age, a strong social media presence is essential for success in real estate. By consistently posting relevant content and engaging with your audience, you can build your brand and generate leads without spending a dime.
If you’re not sure what to post about, don’t overthink it! Start posting about anything and everything to see what people engage with, and adjust your content strategy accordingly. A lot of agents recommend following the 80/20 rule – 80% of content should be fun, engaging, non-real estate content, and 20% should be about your work (new listings, home tips, etc.).
- Start on the most popular social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok).
- Don’t overthink it… just post!
- Be charismatic, informative, and funny.
- Engage with your audience by responding to comments and messages.
Conclusion: Affordable Ways To Get More Real Estate Listings
The fact of the matter is, every agent needs more listings… but not every agent can invest a fortune to get them. So instead of spending your entire lead gen budget on Zillow Leads or BoomTown, try out any (or all) of these six affordable strategies. Before you know it, you’ll be having more conversations, building more relationships, and closing more deals without breaking the bank.
REDX offers real estate professionals a complete all-in-one prospecting platform for generating listing appointments. The platform includes seller leads, a dialer with up to three lines, and a lead management tool for simple follow-up. REDX maintains the position that all agents should be compliant with state and federal telecom laws – learn more here.
THE LCA BLOG
Weekly articles that cover every aspect of the real estate industry, growing your business, personal development & so much more.
The Role of Cold Calling in Real Estate Cold calling has long been a staple in the real estate industry. It is a method of prospecting where agents reach out to potential clients by phone, with the goal of generating leads and ultimately closing deals. While some may argue that cold calling is outdated in […]
Artificial Intelligence has transformed the real estate industry, forever changing the day-to-day work habits of agents, brokers, mortgage lenders and developers — not to mention homeowners! AI-powered platforms can generate property recommendations tailored to each client’s personal tastes, and bots can sift through new leads to match the ideal consumer with the right real estate […]
2024 will be a big year in real estate, and you need to make the most of it. In this article, I’ve shared 3 strategies for your property business to get it to new heights. It’s natural for every real estate agent to grow their business and take it to newer heights. But only a […]