40 Texts To Use Today With Your Clients!
Why is texting so popular? It comes down to one thing, control of time! I know I have written about this a few times on Lab Coat Agents, and some people have even accused me of ONLY texting people. Well, texting only helps if you actually follow up with a call. I always suggest you call first then follow up quickly with a text and email.
Before we start take note that these are a lot of texts and it can be a little overwhelming, so if you want to start with a something lighter I suggest you read my other blog about texting – “6 Proven Texts To Increase Your Conversion”
When someone calls me I don’t know how long the conversation is going to be and I don’t know if the conversation is going to be a waste of time. I value my time a lot and I’m sure you value your time in the same way. The reason texting is so popular is because people value their time. By knowing that we can then approach texting clients with that same mindset.
People don’t like speaking with random people. Just try cold calling people (calling random people) and your guaranteed to get yelled at a few times. I still cold call, but it doesn’t work the same as it used to.
I would suggest that you only text consumers who know you. Texting people who have not registered on your site or people who have not asked for information about your product is considered “spam” and it could get your phone number blocked. When it comes to texting expired listings and for sale by owners, refer to your state’s laws regarding unsolicited communication. The FCC and courts are still working on the laws that apply to texting, so please be careful when texting and using tech that uses texting, especially when mass texting.
I have a few rules for texting clients for the first time. First, Always use the client’s name if you have it and always introduce yourself at the end. You will see how I’ve used this in the examples I have below. When you don’t use their name people don’t connect with you as much, it’s common sense. The reason I suggest that you use your name at the end of the text is so that you can identify yourself and your company so other people know who you are.
“This is [your first name] with [your company]” or “…Thank you, [your first name] with [your company]”
Secondly, when you text people for the first time, or for follow up, don’t write a book. “Writing a book” is when you write a text that starts looking more like an email: paragraphs and paragraphs of information. Remember one thing when texting, people like short texts that offer value. A text should be used to engage a client and then take the conversation over to a phone call.
Also, I know that sometimes it’s easier said than done when it comes to sending a short text message but try to remember this when writing a text – ask one question at a time, a maximum two questions. Don’t ask three or more questions as it may get cumbersome for the person receiving the text and they will likely not respond.
When you are texting buyers be sure to give them the information they requested on your website. Did the client come in asking for info on a house? DON’T take this chance to ask 20 questions! Give them the information they requested and ask if they would like to see it. In the same manner, help the seller inquiries, offer them the value of their home or information about the market and how it’s changing. I love using KCM (KeepingCurrentMatters) when it comes to sellers. Texting clients pictures like the one below is a way to capture them quickly.
Tristan Ahumada uses Keeping Current Matters in his texts.
Creating urgency in texts is important, but it can take some work. Instead of texting a client that hasn’t gotten back to you something like “Some 3 bedroom homes were just added to the local market, and I can help you tour them before other buyers can” try this instead ” [Client first name], I found 2 homes that match what you’re looking for, would you like to take a look at them on [day of the week]?”
You can create the same sense of urgency with other timely updates, like offering to share recently-released housing market statistics with your seller leads.
One thing I have added to my Riley (Riley is a Lead Engagement Platform) texts is something that I recommend you do with all your texts. If the client you texted doesn’t get back to you in 10-15 minutes be sure to follow up with a text that simply says, “Please let me know…”
Often time’s people intend to respond to a text but find themselves distracted in a mobile friendly world. This “Please let me know…” text is a simple nudge that reminds them you’re still there and that they need to respond to you. Keep in mind that all you’re looking for in a text is to establish the first point of contact so that you can take the conversation over by phone. Once they text back and forth with you don’t forget to call them and start a relationship.
Ok, on to what I, and other industry experts, say in our texts to clients.
40 Text Templates
Generic Buyer Leads From A Website (If possible use the city they searched in for your texts) – Created by Tristan Ahumada Realtor
- Hi [FIRST NAME], you just signed up on our site searching for homes in [CITY]. Are you only looking in [CITY] or are you open to other areas? [AGENT NAME]
- Thanks for signing up on our site to search for homes. I’m setting up a home search for you now. Are you looking for a house or a condo?
- Hi, I noticed you searching for homes in the area and I know that you are probably getting bombarded by other Realtors too. I live in the area and if you have time I would love to meet you for coffee or lunch to show you around and show you why people love living here. Do you have time this week?
Facebook/Instagram Leads – Created by Tristan Ahumada
- Hi [First Name], this is [Your Name], thank you for visiting my website through Facebook! I’d like to send you some listings that I think you’ll like. Do you have a certain price range in mind?
- Thanks for visiting our home search through Instagram. Do you have something specific you are looking for? #Thankyou #[Your First Name]
- Hi [FIRST NAME], thanks for reaching out about a home for sale through Realtor.com. Do you have time for a quick call now? [AGENT NAME]
- Hi [FIRST NAME]! Thanks for reaching out to us on [PROPERTY ADDRESS]. Would you like to schedule a time to see the property & perhaps others like it? [AGENT NAME]
- Hi [First Name] I just received your property inquiry from [Name Portal]. How can I help you? Would you like to se up an appointment to view the property? Jason Walters
Buyer Lead Follow Up – Created by Amanda Thomason Todd and Tristan Ahumada Realtor
- Hi [FIRSTNAME], Thanks for your initial inquiry about homes, are there any must haves on your home wish list? Where would you like to focus? [AGENT FIRSTNAME
- [FIRSTNAME] thank you again for visiting our site [Site Name]. I have a couple new listings in your market and want you to have the 1st look, do you have time this week? [AGENT FIRSTNAME]
- Please let me know…
- I know you’re probably super busy, but I want to finish up your home search set up. Can you please let me know if you’re looking for a house or a condo?
- There is a home for sale that is not on the market yet that matches what you are looking for, would you like to see it before anyone else?
- Hi! Just checking in! I’m available this weekend on Saturday from 1-3 and Sunday from 10-11. Are there any homes you’d like to see? Amanda Thomason Todd
- I know your super busy with family and work, but when you have a chance please let me know because I have think I have the perfect home for you.
Buyer Lead Gone Stale – Created by Tristan Ahumada Realtor
- Hi [FIRST NAME], I tried reaching out to you a few months ago. Are you still looking for a home to buy? [AGENT NAME]
- Hey [FIRST NAME], I feel terrible that we never connected about you’re home search. Are you still searching home? [AGENT NAME]
- Hi [First Name] I just tried calling you and it went to VM, let me know if you are available today after 6pm tonight.
Seller Leads From A Website (Any Website) – Created by Tristan Ahumada Realtor and Nick Baldwin
- Hi [FIRSTNAME], you just visited our website in regards to your home value. I’m working on the value now and I need to know if you’ve done any upgrades to the home? [AGENT NAME]
- HI [FIRST NAME], I just did a home evaluation for a home close to yours, can you tell me a little bit more about your home? [AGENT NAME]
- Hey [First Name] I just got your request for your home value. Are you looking for an in depth report or something “lite”?
Seller Lead Follow Up – Created by Tristan Ahumada Realtor
- Hi [FIRSTNAME], I sent you an evaluation report on your home a few weeks ago, did you ever take a look at it? [AGENT NAME]
- [FIRSTNAME], the market has gone up since we last spoke do you need me to send you and updated evaluation on your home at [ADDRESS]? [AGENT NAME]
- I have an in depth report for the values in your area. Are you still looking
- It’s [AGENT FIRSTNAME], I noticed you haven’t been back to the site in awhile. Did I drop the ball? Were you looking for something different? [AGENT NAME]
- Hi [FIRST NAME], I tried reaching out to you a few months ago. Are you still looking for a home to buy?
- Hi [FIRST NAME], I tried reaching out to you a few months ago. Are you still looking to sell your home or refinance?
- Hi [Name] are you still shopping for a home? Jason Walters
- Hi [First Name] I wanted to check in with you and update our Home Buyer List. Did you ever purchase a new home? Jason Walters
- Hi [First Name]? – By Kevin Markarian (This one is meant to get the person you’re texting engaged with any conversation. It’s a great way to nudge them back).
- I’m previewing homes today and some are not even on the market yet, are you still looking for a home to buy in [Area]?
- Hi [FIRST NAME], I spoke with [CLIENT WHO REFERRED] today and she mentioned that you are looking to sell your home. When’s a good time to talk on the phone to get more details?
- Hi [First Name], it’s [Your Name and Company]. I spoke with [Person who referred] earlier today and she mentioned that you might need my help with real estate, what’s a good time to connect?
- Hey [FIRST NAME], [CLIENT WHO REFERRED] asked me to reach out to you in regards to your home search. How can I help you? [AGENT NAME]
ZBuyer Sellers – Created by Tristan Ahumada Realtor
- Hi [FIRSTNAME], got your info online, were you trying to get the value of [ADDRESS]? Or are you planning to refinance? [AGENT NAME]
- Hi, I have a few investors that may be interested in your home, are you looking to sell it off market?
Past Client You Haven’t Talked To In A While
- Hi [First Name], I was updating my computer and I came across your file of when we closed your home. How are you doing?
- Hey [First Name], I drove by your neighborhood today and I thought of you and your family. Is everything going well?
When You’re Busy and Can’t Pick Up
- Sorry I missed your call, I’m with a client right now. Is it ok that I call you back in about 1 hour when I’m done?
- Thanks for reaching out and sorry I missed you. I’m at an appointment, but will get back to you as soon as I’m done. What’s the best time to contact you back?
Try these out and let us know how it goes!
THE LCA BLOG
Weekly articles that cover every aspect of the real estate industry, growing your business, personal development & so much more.
The majority of us make our New Year’s resolutions and goals on January 1st. However, January may not be the best month to get started on your goals. Jumping directly into your new year goals can lead to exhaustion or even abandonment of your dreams into the new year. “I can’t change the direction of […]
In an economic downturn, it’s common for real estate team leaders to take specific measures to save money. Consequently, these short-term “life rafts” they’re using to attempt to weather the storm could sink the entire ship! Unfortunately, a lot of real estate agents fall into this pattern. While attempting to do something they think will […]
Looking for new ways to generate motivated seller leads? It is important to develop a comprehensive marketing strategy so that you can effectively generate leads and convert them into clients. Find out how Chime’s omnichannel approach to lead generation can help you find potential sellers. Chime Takes A Multi-Channel Approach To Lead Generation At Chime, we […]