Real Estate Text Message: Follow-Ups Done The Right Way
Most people are used to following up on important tasks by setting reminders. While most follow-up reminders bear a resemblance, there is one perfect way that you can use to follow up with your leads and prospects the right way.
Why is it so important to have a proven follow-up process? Because when it comes to follow-ups, there are several factors involved. Things like, what do you do when the other person isn’t available? Or, worse yet, they don’t even pick up their phone?
In this digital age, the best way to make sure your follow-ups are done the right way is through text message.
Here are four tips for real estate agents to follow up via text message.
How Do You Write A Good Text Message That Prompts A Response?
It’s all about being strategic with your follow-up. The first step is to make sure you have the right contact information. Then, you’ll want to reach out at the right time. And finally, you’ll need to have a good reason for contacting them.
The best way to get a response from your contacts is to be personal, timely, and relevant. Address the person by name, and make sure the message is relevant to them
Reach out soon after they take action. If they’ve just visited your website, send them a message thanking them for their interest. If they’ve just signed a contract, congratulate them on their new home.
Keep your messages short and to the point. Ask one question or make one request at a time.
Finally, make sure you have a good reason for reaching out. Are you offering a free consultation? Asking for feedback on your service? Whatever the reason, make sure it’s clear in your message.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to write follow-up text messages that get responses.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Texting Real Estate Leads Few Instances When You Need To Send Follow-Ups
When it comes to texting your real estate leads, there are a few Dos and Don’ts you should keep in mind.
First, let’s start with the Do’s:
- Do use text messaging as a way to stay in touch with your leads and keep them updated on new listings, open houses, and other relevant information.
- Do keep your messages concise and to the point. Remember, people are busy and they may not have time to read a long message.
- Do respond promptly to any questions or requests for information from your leads.
Now Let’s Take a Look at the Don’ts that You Must Consider While Sending Follow-Up Texts:
- Don’t send unsolicited messages or promotions to your leads. This will only annoy them and they’re likely to unsubscribe from your list.
- Don’t forget to include your contact information in every message you send. You want your leads to be able to reach you if they have any questions.
- Don’t send too many messages. You don’t want to bombard your leads with texts and risk turning them off.
There are a few instances when you may need to send follow-up texts to your leads. For example, if you’re hosting an open house and you know a lead is interested in that particular property, you may want to send them a reminder text the day of the open house.
Or, if you know a lead is interested in a certain type of property, you can set up a search alert for them and send them texts when new listings that match their criteria come on the market. Sending follow-up texts can be a great way to stay top of mind with your leads and keep them updated on new listings that match their interests.
Just be sure not to overdo it and bombarded them with too many texts. A few well-timed texts here and there will do the trick.
Follow-Up Real Estate Text Scripts That Real Estate Agents Can Use.
These are the few text scripts that you can use to follow up with your leads.
- “Just wanted to make sure you got my info and that you’re doing okay.”
- “Hey, it’s been a little while since we talked. I hope you’re doing well.”
- “I was just thinking about you and wanted to check in.”
- “Hey, I know you’re busy, but I wanted to see if you had any questions or needed any help.”
- “I’m just wondering if you’ve given any more thought to our conversation/meeting/etc.”
- “I know you’re probably busy, but I wanted to see if you had any update on your situation.”
- “Just wanted to check in and see how you’re doing.”
- “Hey, I’m just thinking about you and wanted to see how you’re doing.”
- “I hope all is well. Just wanted to check in.”
Now that you know how to properly follow up with potential leads, it’s time to put these tips into action. Remember, the key is to be personal and relevant in your text messages. If you can do that, you’re sure to see an increase in conversions and closed deals.
zBuyer is a leading real estate agency that provides quality leads to realtors that help them in conversions.
THE LCA BLOG
Weekly articles that cover every aspect of the real estate industry, growing your business, personal development & so much more.
The majority of us make our New Year’s resolutions and goals on January 1st. However, January may not be the best month to get started on your goals. Jumping directly into your new year goals can lead to exhaustion or even abandonment of your dreams into the new year. “I can’t change the direction of […]
In an economic downturn, it’s common for real estate team leaders to take specific measures to save money. Consequently, these short-term “life rafts” they’re using to attempt to weather the storm could sink the entire ship! Unfortunately, a lot of real estate agents fall into this pattern. While attempting to do something they think will […]
Looking for new ways to generate motivated seller leads? It is important to develop a comprehensive marketing strategy so that you can effectively generate leads and convert them into clients. Find out how Chime’s omnichannel approach to lead generation can help you find potential sellers. Chime Takes A Multi-Channel Approach To Lead Generation At Chime, we […]