Real Estate Agent Outfits: How To Dress For Success
While there isn’t a set dress code for the real estate industry, what you wear does matter. Wearing the right outfit can take you far in business.
Although you should always dress professionally, a lot depends on where you live. Agents who live in warm climates, such as Florida or California, might feel completely at ease dressing in nice dress shorts and a button-down shirt or a sundress when meeting clients. However, it might be more appropriate to dress in a suit and tie or a pair of pants and a dressy blouse if you reside in Atlanta or Chicago.
Your Clients Are Looking For A Professional
Your clients are looking for an expert who will not only present a professional image but also provide sound advice on what they should do with their homes, such as selling, buying, or renovating. Remember that you usually only get one shot at looking your best.
A recent NAR survey showed that 67% of buyers interviewed only one real estate agent during their home search. So when meeting clients, take the time to ensure that you are looking your best and wearing appropriate attire.
One of the most crucial considerations when looking for real estate agents is their qualifications. Both buyers and sellers will value your extensive professional experience in this area. It is expected of real estate agents to dress professionally.
Although it need not be expensive, your real estate agent attire must still exude quality. This is because your clothing strongly represents your real estate agent brand.
Moreover, keep up with fashion so that you can dress in a way that makes you appear stylish without being over the top. Real estate agents should invest in themselves by keeping up with current trends in clothing.
What Should A Real Estate Agent Wear?
When choosing what to wear as a professional real estate agent, here are a few ideas to guide you:
1. If you are going to wear a suit, ensure that it is a well-fitting suit made of premium fabric. If you’re on a budget, consider wearing suits in neutral colors like black, gray, brown, and navy blue so they won’t fade or get easily stained when exposed to the elements. You can always add a colorful shirt or accessory to “punch” it up.
2. Make it fun! Add a fun lapel pin to that blazer or suit jacket to make your real estate agent attire look more stylish and current. Also, it makes for a great conversation piece.
3. The shoes are the most crucial part. They must appear finished and polished. You want to choose something stylish but also comfortable that will allow your feet to breathe as you spend hours looking at real estate properties or running from one appointment to the next.
4. Last but not least, don’t overlook accessories like jewelry or watches. Sometimes the right piece of jewelry can make a whole outfit. Just don’t overdo it.
5. Always remember that your appearance as a realtor is an extension of your brand. Take care in choosing your clothing. Ripped jeans, workout leggings, and miniskirts are just some of the few types of clothing that made the list of “never, ever wear” as a real estate professional in a recent article at theclose.com.
To remain competitive in our field as real estate professionals, it’s critical to follow current real estate fashion trends. Although there isn’t a set uniform for real estate agents, dressing professionally can help you advance your career.
THE LCA BLOG
Weekly articles that cover every aspect of the real estate industry, growing your business, personal development & so much more.
Consistency is the foundation of any successful real estate business. Without it, you’re at risk of failing to capture leads and wasting money on ineffective marketing campaigns. To stay focused and achieve a steady stream of new prospects, you must develop a plan that allows for consistent lead generation efforts. But exactly how do you […]
Many real estate agents begin their careers on a part-time basis, juggling other jobs or commitments as they test the waters of the industry. But if you’re ready to dive in and make real estate your full-time profession, you’ll need to adopt the right strategies to make that transition successful. In this blog, we’ll outline […]
Understanding how to increase lead engagement and conversion goes hand-in-hand with getting leads. Getting leads today is much easier than before. Usually, all you have to do is to increase your budget for PPC to see an additional lead flow. However, lead engagement and conversion offer more opportunities to increase income than having more leads. […]