How to Get Seen on Google Local Ad Services
There are many ways for real estate agents to get potential clients to notice them. Whether it’s through old-fashioned door-flyers or inventive online lead generation techniques, any way that people can find you — without you having to go searching for them first — is the most time-efficient way to grow your business and close more deals.
And, where do people search for what they need the most? Google.
Just as you would go to Google to find a local restaurant or a doctor’s office, people are also going to Google to find local real estate agents. If you want to be displayed as one of the first options, there are several things you can do to get seen on Google’s Local Ad Services:
What are Google Local Ad Services?
When someone searches for a local business, Google Local Ad Services will display options available right above the paid search options that you would normally see when you do a Google search. These will be rectangular boxes that show the name and information (address, phone number, reviews, and hours) of a business in your area, and there will be several boxes with local options listed side by side. Also, users will be able to contact you directly through the Local Ad Services app, which means this is a quick way to gain leads.
If you haven’t noticed these before, it’s because as of August 2019, Google Local Ad Services were only available in larger metro areas of the United States, according to WordStream. These include:
- Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Roswell, GA
- Baltimore-Columbia-Towson, MD
- Boston-Cambridge-Newton, MA-NH
- Charlotte-Concord-Gastonia, NC-SC
- Chicago-Naperville-Elgin, IL-IN-WI
- Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN
- Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
- Denver-Aurora-Lakewood, CO
- Detroit-Warren-Dearborn, MI
- Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX
- Las Vegas-Henderson-Paradise, NV
- Los Angeles-Long Beach-Anaheim, CA
- Miami-Fort Lauderdale-West Palm Beach, FL
- Minneapolis-St. Paul-Bloomington, MN-WI
- New York-Newark-Jersey City, NY-NJ-PA
- Orlando-Kissimmee-Sanford, FL
- Philadelphia-Camden-Wilmington, PA-NJ-DE-MD
- Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Portland-Vancouver-Hillsboro, OR-WA
- Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario, CA
- Sacramento–Roseville–Arden-Arcade, CA
- San Antonio-New Braunfels, TX
- San Diego-Carlsbad, CA
- San Francisco-Oakland-Hayward, CA
- Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA
- St. Louis, MO-IL
- Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, FL
- Washington-Arlington-Alexandria, DC-VA-MD-WV
Why Utilize Google Local Ad Services
Aside from the fact that Google is a good place to be seen, you might be wondering if it’s worth it to invest your time and money (yes, it costs something) into Google as opposed to other marketing strategies. Doing your part in order to be found in Google Local Ad Services has many worthwhile benefits, including:
- The mobile app allows you to check your messages as soon as customers contact you.
- The servce allows you to build trust with Google Trust or Google Screened, which means you get that little green check mark next to your ad to give your name authenticity.
- You’ll be seen at the top of Google which means customers who are looking for a real estate agent won’t have to scroll through countless pages to find what they are looking for.
- You’ll be connected with customers that are much more likely to book your services. If they found you on Google Local Ad services, it means they are searching for your services directly.
- Be assured that you’re paying for leads that are directly related to your business and your money isn’t going to something you won’t need.
- It’s easy to set up your profile and get started right away.
How to Appear on Google Local Ad Services
Once you’ve know that Google Local Ad Services is available in your area and that this is a service you want to invest in, all it takes is just a few steps to get your profile on the top of Google.
- Check your eligibility here, which is also where you sign up.
- Edit your profile.
- Set your budget and submit. You only get charged when you get valid leads.
- Sit back, relax and watch the leads come in!
- Access your Local Ad services account to track leads and bookings, send messages to leads, dispute charges, ask for review, and pause your ad if you’re too busy to take on more customers.
If Google Local Ad Services Isn’t Available
Google Local Ad Services is a great way to be found more easily by clients who are in need of a real estate agent. But, if the service is not available in your area, there are still other ways to get your business website found on Google. To start, link SEO Google to your website to optimize your website to rank in the search engine. Other strategies, like adding SEO copy to your website or consistently publishing SEO content can help boost your ranking, as well as other services like Google Adwords.
Have you tried Google Local Ad Services yet? What has your experience been? Were you able to bring in more leads? Let us know in the comments below!
THE LCA BLOG
Weekly articles that cover every aspect of the real estate industry, growing your business, personal development & so much more.
In a digital age where real estate marketing is rapidly evolving, Tristan Ahumada, Co-Founder & CEO of LabCoat Agents, stands as a beacon of innovation. His recent collaboration with BoxBrownie.com in transforming a Hollywood Hills property serves as a testament to the transformative power of virtual renovation and staging in the real estate market. The […]
The Holiday season is upon us, and with that comes the season of shopping, gift-giving, family gatherings, and more. All of this can be an excellent opportunity for realtors looking to gain leads from buyers in search of their dream homes. But how do you make sure your lead gen strategy for the holidays works? […]
It can be quite a challenge for real estate agents to stay in constant communication with their clients while maintaining customer databases. However, keeping track of contacts and preferred methods of contact has never been easier with zBuyer — the all-in-one real estate CRM. Connecting zBuyer to multiple major CRMs gives agents access to an […]