27 Apps That Every Realtor Should Have in Their Phone
This is a long list that I put together with the idea of making sure you have some of the most important apps for your business. You may say, “Tristan Ahumada, that’s a lot of apps!” or you may complain that some of these apps are only for the iPhone. Regardless of those two things, these apps are crucial. Take a look and save this article for later if you can’t read it now.
1. Heymarket – Heymarket is text messaging software for your business.
Heymarket can give you a new phone number or text-enable an existing business number. What makes Heymarket special is the groups you can create within the app to mass text different groups of people. I use it to text my whole team in the morning for our morning huddle and I also use it to text my “Past Client Group” and my “Investor Group” to say hello or send them a new home that may interest them.
2. Audible – You’ve heard of this app for audio books.
Great app to have to listen to books on audio as you drive around from property to property or on long trips. This is important to me because I’m always doing my best to learn new things.
3. Bear – Bear is a beautiful, flexible writing app for crafting notes and prose.
I use it to keep important notes and to categorize my ideas. It’s easy to search through because of the hashtag feature and it’s incredibly easy to share by text or through PDF or word doc. It’s a beautiful note app that I love.
4. DayOne – I’ve been using DayOne from the first day it came out.
DayOne is a simple journal – It’s easy to quickly enter your thoughts and memories and have them synced and backed up in the cloud. I use it to keep my daily journal and the best part is that you can use it on your phone, iPad and Mac. It’s beautifully designed and simple.
5. Trello – Trello’s boards, lists and cards enable you to organize and prioritize your projects in a fun, flexible and rewarding way.
It can be used in so many different ways, but I primarily use it to keep track of all of my past clients and to keep track of my hot clients. What makes Trello special is that it’s FREE and it’s very visually appealing.
6. Over – I use this app at least 5 days out of the week.
With “Over” you can add beautiful text to your photos, simply choose from 25 amazing fonts available, and add captions, quotes, jokes… you can then resize, align and position your text. When finished, you can quickly publish your creation on your social networks.
7. Blur Editor – Everyone needs this app.
It’s a photo-blurring app with a magnifying box to correctly identify areas of the photo that needs to be blurred. You can use it to blur out names on accounts, phone numbers in texts or whatever you want to blur out.
8. Annotable – The ultimate all-in-one image annotation app.
I use this a lot during the week. It’s super simple to use. You can add arrows, frames, or any shape to pictures so that you can easily identify what you want to focus on in pictures. It’s the best!
9. Drive (Google) – I use google docs and sheets so Google Drive makes it easy to keep track of all of my documents in one place.
Google Drive is a lifesaver for those of you who use the other Google products: Docs, Sheets, Slides, and PDF’s.
10. Clips – Clips is an iOS app for making and sharing fun videos.
It allows you to add text, effects, graphics, and most importantly it creates subtitles for your video! It’s a fun app to use.
11. MindNode – MindNode helps you visualize your ideas.
Start with a central thought and then brainstorm, organize and share your mind maps. I use this one and I also use LucidChart. Check both of these out.
12. WhatsApp – With WhatsApp, you’ll get fast, simple, secure messaging and calling for free, available on phones all over the world.
If you have friends or clients across the globe chances are you are using this app already. Check it out.
13. Remember The Milk – One of the most popular To-Do apps out there.
“The smart to-do app for busy people” is what they call themselves. I put this one on the list because a lot of my friends have it.
14. Things 3 – This is the one I use daily.
This is beautifully designed and simple to use. It helps you collect your thoughts, stay organized, and allows you to put in your to-do’s in an easy fashion.
15. Reddit – When you think of Reddit, think of Facebook Groups on Steroids.
Inline images, themes and simpler navigation means easier discussion, easier discovery, easier cats, easier app. Download it now!
16. Slack – Slack unifies the entire teams communication.
Making that workflow much easier to see and capture. It’s a place where your team can communicate easily and efficiently. If you have a team, it’s a must have app.
17. Venmo – This one app is a combination of apps.
It allows you to Make and Share Payments. Pay friends and family with a Venmo account using money you have in Venmo, or link your bank account or debit card quickly. It also allows you to connect with people, like on Facebook or Facebook Messenger, and allows you to remember the moments you share with friends. Most importantly, though, is that PayPal owns this one.
18. Mint – It helps you effortlessly manage your finances in one place.
Helps you track your bills and alerts you to payments. Super easy to use and extremely helpful! Keep track of what you spend in Real Estate with this app. It’s also a great website that is very easy to use.
19. Adobe Spark Post – Turn your text and photo into a professional-looking graphic by simply applying your favorite theme.
With Spark Post you don’t need design experience to create beautiful images. It’s similar to OVER, but it’s not as custom, Spark Post is less do it yourself so it’s easier to use. I use this app to post to Lab Coat Agents often.
20. Ripl – This one is a popular app for real estate agents.
It’s easy to create eye-catching animated videos and share them on Facebook, Twitter & Instagram with one tap. We’ve seen a few agents in Lab Coat Agents use this app to make house tour videos or to help them market their homes or open houses.
21. Unroll.me – Decluttering your inbox has never been so easy, or looked so good.
With Unroll.Me, you can unsubscribe from unwanted emails, consolidate sales, newsletters, lists and emails into a convenient daily digest called the Rollup, and keep the rest in your inbox.
22. Google Voice – It’s like having a second phone in your current phone!
Gives you one number for all your phones, voicemail as easy as email, free US long distance, low rates on international calls, and many calling features like transcripts, call blocking, call screening, conference calling, SMS and more. I use this as a second phone with a different area code (Different area code than my main phone) so I can seem local to the person I’m calling, when calling an adjacent city.
23. Facebook Ads Manager – If you work on Facebook Ads, then you need this app!
The Facebook Ads Manager app allows businesses to stay connected with their ad performance no matter where they are. Easily create and track Facebook ads from your mobile device with powerful and efficient mobile tools. Great way to keep track of how your ads are doing and to change up details for your ads on Facebook.
24. Seven – 7 minute workout – This one was recommended by Hal Elrod during a webinar we did with him.
I’ve tried it and getting fit has never been this easy – or this much fun. Seven’s workouts are based on scientific studies to provide the maximum benefit in the shortest time possible. With personalized workout plans Seven also makes sure you get the most out of your training. No Excuses for not working out!
25. Boomerang Mail – This one was first recommended by Jason Walters (One of our Lab Coat Agents Admins).
Why is this one so good? Schedule emails to send at optimal times, snooze messages, get read receipts and follow up reminders if someone doesn’t respond to your email. It’s priceless!
26. ProCamera – offers you the full control of a professional camera – with an intuitive interface and advanced features for better pictures.
This app will take your phone camera from good to GREAT! Lots of tools in this app to use. You can enhance pictures you take of listings quickly, too.
27. Calm App – If you’ve been trying to meditate this app will make it happen.
It’s well done and it sets you up for success. The meditations range from short to a bit longer.
THE LCA BLOG
Weekly articles that cover every aspect of the real estate industry, growing your business, personal development & so much more.
Are you looking for free real estate lead opportunities to help drum up more business? With so many different strategies and tips out there on how to acquire real estate leads, it can be overwhelming trying to figure out what works best. But don’t worry – we’ve got your back. Let’s discuss one of the […]
When it comes to prospecting calls, expert agents and coaches all say you should follow a script. The tricky thing is, there’s no such thing as a “perfect script” and there are a lot of options to choose from. Since no two agents (or conversations) are alike, even the most popular prospecting scripts aren’t ideal […]
How can I get quality leads from open houses? Is there anything I can do as an agent to make a property stand out during an open house? Are open houses a high-conversion channel at all? These are the questions Craig Schneider, founder of Norchair Real Estate had set to answer. But not by flicking […]