11 life lessons I’ve learned in Real Estate…So Far
But regardless, you grow. Here are some of the lessons that I’ve learned.
1. Fail early and fail often. Having your mind adjust to failure and the outcome is invaluable for growth.
2. It’s ok that you haven’t reached all the goals that you’ve set out to complete. Don’t focus on what you haven’t achieved because it always takes longer than you think.
3. Almost NO ONE out there knows what they’re doing, at some point or another, and most share the same fears you have. You’re not alone!
4. The little things matter a lot! Remember those big things are a combination of lots of little things…
5. The secret of a successful business is building relationships and caring for those relationships consistently…forever!
6. Give people time to think and don’t jump to conclusions for them! Don’t place your expectations or ways of thinking on someone else.
7. The people you work with feel your energy. You either give out a positive vibe or a negative one. The more you feel grateful about life the more positive your energy is.
8. There is no ONE WAY to succeed in Real Estate. Everyone can get to success differently.
9. Perception is reality. You can twist it towards your advantage with enough positive PR on social media. It’s more powerful than you think. Whatever people think you are, that’s their reality of you, so be aware that you’re always setting an example to people around you.
10. Shut up and listen! I say this often because some people not only talk too much, they also interrupt you when you’re talking, and they love to hear the sound of their voice! Don’t be that person! You will connect deeply with people if they feel like you care, and that begins by listening!
11. If your “client” doesn’t want to work with you anymore then don’t force it just let it go!