Finding Your Social Niche: Why It’s Important and How to Do It
Many individuals are unaware that social media influencing is a very competitive sport. You may not spend your days brawling it out with your fellow Instagram users, but you are definitely fighting for the same audience’s attention and engagement.
Perhaps having the loudest voice isn’t the best way to stand out in such a crowded room—especially when it comes to persuading audiences and brands that you are valuable and can contribute to their needs. What if, instead of being the loudest voice in a packed room, you simply found a smaller room? This is where finding your niche comes into play.
Why It’s Important
Establishing your social media specialty could make all the difference in how audiences perceive you as an influencer—and a potential helpful social asset. After all, people (at least the smart ones) are looking for a page with valuable content and intrigue, not necessarily a large following. You want people to value your content, which in turn will result in them coming back for more. An influencer in a field in which they have demonstrated a high level of knowledge, passion, and credibility among people who share the same interests will consistently outperform an influencer that is all over the map. Honing in on what you do differently will be the difference in your page’s engagement and overall insights.
Finding Your Niche
Finding your niche is not as difficult as you would believe! You probably already have a niche hiding that you don’t even know about. An easy way to find it is by simply asking yourself the following questions:
- What is something that piques your interest?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- What five adjectives best define your social media presence?
- Who do you want to reach out to and connect with?
Even if it’s in a broader category like real estate, you should have a clear concept of what makes you stand out once you’ve gone through these questions. Not to mention, real estate itself can be divided into even smaller niches (e.g. geography, price range, audience). Even if real estate is your specialization, you can figure out what sets your sense of style apart from others. What sets you apart may be your knowledge of a certain area, your unique background of experience, or even your family life; this distinction can be positioned in a way to connect you with a more engaging audience.
Putting Your Specialty on Display
You can begin promoting your niche on social media networks once you’ve discovered it. Begin creating content that reveals who you are by focusing on the audience you want to target.
Here are some social media tips to help you promote your niche:
- When it comes to content creation, keep your specialization in mind. For example, if you are a realtor in San Francisco, you can highlight the best neighborhoods to buy in.
- Use hashtags that are relevant to your niche in your posts. This will help you land in the eyes of the audience you want to attract.
- In your bio, emphasize your area of expertise. The bio is the first thing someone sees when clicking on your page, so you want to make sure it outlines your niche and makes immediately clear what you’re all about.
- Other profiles that are relevant to the material you’re posting about should be tagged. This can create a niche community of engagement and help you build credibility within your specialty
- Compile all of your social media and other online platforms into a single link through sites such as Linktree. This can help generate additional traffic to your various online destinations!
Need More Help?
Do you still need help finding your niche? Or do you know your specialty but aren’t the best at showcasing it on your social channels? We are Very Social, we help all of our clients by creating and posting meaningful content that aligns with their special talents. Let us help you establish your brand, grow your account, and stand out!
THE LCA BLOG
Weekly articles that cover every aspect of the real estate industry, growing your business, personal development & so much more.
With the industry growing more competitive and expensive everyday, real estate agents can no longer afford to “wing it” with their marketing and can not continue depending on the money-hungry portals and old-school referrals for leads and transactions. The problem for most agents is they have been burned countless times by traditional lead generation. Real […]
As a real estate agent, your time is valuable. The less time you spend on pointless and mundane tasks means the more you can spend on dollar-productive activities. Which is why leveraging tools is imperative to your 2023 listing strategy. In this article, discover 6 proven tools that you can leverage to boost your efficiency, […]
Advertising on Facebook can be an extremely effective way for realtors to reach new customers and grow their businesses. With over 3 billion monthly active users, Facebook still has a vast reach that can help realtors connect with a more targeted audience in 2023. According to Fit Small Business: However, to see success with Facebook […]