This ONE Facebook ad got me 126 Leads in 24 Hours!
There are a few lessons to learn here. Besides choosing the right verbiage and the right image, you have to have the right systems in place to be able to handle all of the leads coming in so quickly. I’ve broken it down into three parts so you understand this a little better.
A few weeks ago my goal was to see how much money it would take to get 100 leads in the Los Angeles County/Ventura County within 24 hours. I’m not saying that you will get 100 leads with this ad or that you will get more or less. Every area is different and the audience has a lot to do with it. I know you’ll get some leads from it, but it will vary by area. When it comes to building the ad, you can figure out what audience you want to target on your own, but I will share with you everything else I did without getting too detailed. When choosing your audience just make sure to exclude Real Estate Agents, Realtors, Brokers, etc.… You can always choose to AB test as well to see which ad will run better.
Also, be sure to choose your detailed targeting based on income as well, not just “interests.” That has really helped out our ads as well. Depending on your city or area, you may want to go high or low.
Okay. Now that I’ve given you those tips, let’s get started. A few weeks ago, I sat down with Juan Molina and David Albanese from EZ Agent Leads and I ran the idea by them so they could help me execute it better. They gave me their suggestions and we decided to run the ad together to see what we could do. We started by collecting all the ads that we had run together for the last 14 months, we analyzed which ones got the best responses, and then we narrowed it down from there. We decided to run an ad that had two calls to action to choose from. In the ad we chose a picture that would be easy to identify as “Real Estate” and, in the body, we chose to place two options. You will also see that we didn’t have any Emojis – 😃 💥 and this ad without emojis did better.
- The option to choose Least Expensive Houses
- The option to choose Least Expensive Condos
(See Image Below)
I know what you’re thinking…It’s not a super sexy ad. I thought the same thing, but that’s what we rolled with. I’ll give you another choice below to choose from, but this one above has been one of the best performing ads for us.
We launched the ad in the evening, around 6pm and after about 20 minutes the leads starting rolling in. Let me explain our system.
Part 1: Have website with IDX
When anyone clicks on the ad above, it takes them to our website where they can find the least expensive properties. Sometimes the Facebook Ad will have a call to action on the bottom right hand corner that says, “Sign Up” or that says “Download.”
I usually go with “Sign Up” because that’s what I’m asking people to do right before they visit my site, because it’s a Facebook Lead Ad that we are running. I send the leads to my Ylopo website:
So part one is to make sure you have a website with IDX that you lead them to. I’ve been using Ylopo for this, but you can use any site you want. You can create one on your own from WordPress and add an IDX to it and that will work too. You may already have one that you use, but as long as it has IDX you are good to go.
Part 2: Ask Some Questions
When you run Facebook Lead Ads you have the option to ask some questions. Make sure you ask questions that people can answer quickly when they click on your ad. Our questions are easy. One of the questions we ask is, “I will buy a home in?” Or “Are you going to buy in?” And we give them multiple answers to choose from: “1 Month, 3 Months, 6 Months, or Just Browsing.”
Questions give us a better idea of what the leads are looking for. For this particular ad, we didn’t ask our second question which is, “Do you have to sell a home too?” We love that question because we can get an insight as to whether or not people need to sell a home first. If you’re running ads in a city or town that has people speaking a mix of languages, be sure to run some ads in other languages, too.
Part 3: Have an automated follow-up system
Here’s where most people fail and where I hear people say that the Facebook Leads SUCK! Usually it’s because people have no systems in place. When a Facebook Lead Ad comes into our system, we get notified by text through EZ Agent Leads and the lead is then placed into Followupboss.com—our CRM—automatically through the EZ Agent Lead System. After the lead gets placed into our CRM, two amazing things happen that make the biggest difference!
- Agentology and my in-house ISA—I have my in-house ISA and Agentology call immediately when the lead comes through. Facebook Lead Ads aren’t usually ready to see homes right then and there, so our approach is softer and we call to get a better idea of what they are looking for and what their time frame is. My ISA calls the same day that the lead comes in and the Agentology ISA’s reach out to the leads 5 times in the first day. In the next 4 days, Agentology reaches out to them 5 more times.
- Agentlegend—If we aren’t able to reach the lead through Agentology or with my in-house ISA, Agentlegend kicks into gear with a 7-day plan that I have in place to auto-communicate with the leads through a drip that I created. With this in place we reach most of the leads and we categorize them based on the conversation we have with them. I have Agentlegend set to respond to my Facebook Leads and Commissions Inc Leads only.
Once we contact the Facebook Lead Ads, we then place them on our IDX and send them properties based on what they want to see. The good thing about most of the Facebook Leads that we get is that we are the first agents to talk to them, and they don’t have any relationships with any real estate agents.
Here are the details for the ad I ran
I spent $500 in one day to get 126 leads, and in the last few weeks since I ran the ad, we have pre-qualified eight of those leads so far and have taken two out to see homes. That averages out to $4 a lead and we won’t know the ROI until we start closing some of these leads, which could take 6 to 12 months.
There are few options that I recommend when it comes to Facebook Lead Ads.
- Do a search in our blog for Facebook Lead Ads. We are always teaching about it.
- Use EZ Agent Lead. I’ve been using them since day one because Juan Molina and I came up with the ads to run together.
- Call up YLOPO and have them run your whole Digital Marketing Plan.
- I recommend Travis Thom and his Facebook Coaching to learn to create ads on your own and run your own campaigns.
Whatever you end up doing, good luck! If you want to run something like this or something consistent at a low monthly cost visit https://ezagentleads.com. I’ve been using them since day one because Juan Molina and I came up with the ads to run together.
Below are other ads for reference.